FEED is looking for a Controller with fiduciary responsibility to agent our financial responsibilities, and will be instrumental in helping us execute and deliver against our strategy. This function will be responsible for maintaining the financial models, statements, records and data for our company, reporting directly to the President/COO. The Controller provides financial planning and analysis support to the leadership team and Board of Directors, and ensures alignment with financial goals and objectives. Most importantly, you believe in FEED’s mission of creating good products that help feed the world.
These responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Overall financial analysis, planning, and control for FEED brand, reporting directly to the President/COO
- Monthly and annual planning, analysis and forecasting (including sales, inventory, gross margin, expenses, capital expenditures, and cash flow)
- Month end financial closings and related financial statements (including income statement, balance sheet, statement of cash flows and all related schedules), in compliance with GAAP accounting policies
- Create annual budgets and three year plans
- Prepare financial statements and execute analysis
- Manage product line profitability
- Manage and maintain COGS and controls within the inventory model
- Collaborate with Sales and support the template to execute the rolling 12 month sales forecast
- General ledger maintenance for P&L
- Collaborate with tax accountant to prepare annual federal and state tax filings
- Lead the annual audit process for the FEED Foundation
- Support the preparation of Board of Director’s meeting information.
- Prepare any adhoc reports necessary to analyze the business and/or growth opportunities
- 5-10 years of experience in general and/or cost accounting environment, ideally in retail
- Knowledgeable in data analysis and reporting
- Audit management and preparation
- Self-starter who can help establish sustainable systems of excellence for FEED’s finances
- Proven leadership skills and ability to work resourcefully within a small team and with non-finance business partners
- Effectively communicate cross-functionally and possess the skill of artful negotiation
- Conscientious, detail-oriented and strategic
- Entrepreneurial experience a plus
FEED is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).